This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced VFX Technical Director & System Administrator to join one of Sydney’s leading post production studios for advertising.
As part of a collaborative VFX team, you will be responsible for employing a range of tools, techniques, and procedures to ensure the execution of projects. This means innovatively addressing the unique obstacles presented by each production, leading the creation of new software and tools that are required to accomplish the projects vision.
- Work alongside supervisors and the creative team to clarify the technical and creative aims for projects.
- Seamlessly integrate stock and custom applications into the production pipeline.
- Develop solutions to visual effects processes.
- Produce technical and user documentation for assets, tools, techniques, and workflows.
- Involve and Inform crew and artists throughout shot production.
- Assist in implementing automation.
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues.
- Upskill with new technologies as an opportunity for innovation.
- Maintain and support the existing Autodesk Flame and Filmlight Baselight equipment.
- 5+ years of equivalent industry experience.
- High level knowledge of industry standard VFX applications such as Shotgun, Maya, Houdini, VRay, and Nuke).
- Experience in rendering with Deadline.
- Experience with the Linux and OSX operating systems.
- Proficient in scripting with Python and C++.
- Comfortable with multitasking and efficient time management skills.
- Able to self-initiate and operate autonomously.
- Able to make the most out of a collaborative environment.
- Complex problem-solving skills is essential.
- Wholistic understanding of production and technical knowledge.
- Outcome and results driven.
- Highly energetic.
- Fine attention to detail of the production process and necessary equipment.