As a front-end developer you will work across a mixture of complete builds and ongoing improvements to our client’s sites.
You’re someone with an appreciation for design, you’re an outstanding front-end developer, a strategic thinker and an excellent communicator who approaches work holistically and actively seeks out opportunities to add value.
With a passion for technology you’re up-to-date with the latest trends and thrive on sharing these with the rest of the team.
Working closely with the head of strategy, senior designer and account managers, you’ll lead clients through the development process. All work will be coded to match designs and tested across all key browsers and devices.
Your key deliverables as our front-end developer are:
- Front-end development of signed off designs for new development projects.
- Feature development to add new/improved functionality to existing client sites.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all solutions delivered to your key accounts by you are of the utmost quality and consideration of our clients business needs.
- Collaborating with the Technical and Creative Leads and any other Team member on ideas and concepts, documenting and reviewing possible solutions for our clients.
- Providing and reviewing projects and task quotes and estimates with the outcome of our clients receiving more value than expected.
- Creating and implementing a development methodology that can consistently produce scalable value for the clients.
- Be able to work on several projects at once; managing them in a fast paced and demanding environment which may require extra hours, often under pressure.
You will also:
- Have strong interest in and understanding of social and cultural trends and developments in the retail industry.
- Be inventive through thought and ideas, driving strong thought leadership, inspiration, passion and creative integrity
- A happy disposition and a dedication to your clients, and your colleagues is essential.
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- Experience developing JS (ES 6/7/8)
- Familiarity with code versioning tools: git
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Familiarity with popular front-end frameworks: Vue/React
- Experience with common front-end development tools: Webpack/Gulp/Babel/TypeScript
- Knowledge of backend open-source frameworks such as Laravel/Flask/Django
- Shopify Theme Development Certification
- Shopify App Development Certification
- Our client’s culture and brand is built on integrity of their people and integrity of service. To deliver this clients will invest heavily in your training and support.